Encanto Park is closed until further notice due to the spectacular monsoon on Thursday, Sept 28. More than 100 trees were lost in the park. The historic Red Bridge and sports complex were damaged. The damage will alter the park forever but we are fortunate Encanto Park and Parks Dept has a team of first-rate people who are doing amazing work. They are prioritizing safety as they put all hands on deck to begin clean-up.

Power is out for the entire Encanto Palmcroft neighborhood. At this point we have no estimate from APS about when our power will be restored. It's been out for approx 40 hours. I"ve heard reports that no visable progress can be seen in our area and that near 3rd Avenue feeder lines and poles are down. I don't know if a disaster has been declared. Does anyone have updates from APS?

I don't believe anyone was hurt, and we've seen miraculous good fortune that the damage is not as bad as it could have been. Trees largely missed park buildings and homes and although the property damage is severe it's repairable. The trees are the loss. Their stature and canopies will be deeply missed.

Please share any new information and/or photos.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Forum

Concert in Encanto Park and re-building the Encanto bandshell 1 Reply

Started by Michael Puceloski. Last reply by Kelly Larabee Feb 13, 2019.

Encanto Park 2018

Started by Kelly Larabee Feb 5, 2018.

Donor Information and Design Plans

To support our efforts, please use the following donor form: FoEP Donation Card 2010.xls

Encanto Entrada - plans and concept renderings.pdf
Designs by Vollmer & Associates, thank you!

Little Red Bridge design modifications.pdf
Designs by Structural Grace, Inc., thank you!

© 2024   Created by Kelly Larabee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service